- Voted among "The 50 Best Careers of 2011" by U.S. News & World Report
- Median annual salary $53,000
- Job demand exceeds supply of graduates
- Above average job growth
- Variety of employment opportunities
Medical Laboratory Science Online MLT to MLS Career Ladder Program
About the MLT to MLS Online Career Ladder Program
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2014.
Format: Online Program
The online Career-Ladder track enables certified medical laboratory technicians (MLT) to advance their education. The online track is limited to those with MLT credentials who are currently employed at an approved clinical site. It provides students with a high quality academic and professional environment, allowing for the development of critical thinking skills and professional values and characteristics. The program graduate will be able to satisfy eligibility requirements for a professional certification examination at the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) level. Graduates of the medical laboratory science program will qualify for employment in a variety of settings, and can progress within the clinical laboratory science field to education, supervision or management positions. Students in this track must maintain training support at an approved clinical facility while enrolled in the program.
With a completion time of just 16 months and high demand in the job market, this nationally accredited program truly offers a fast track to your career. Our graduates have a very successful record of Board Certification.
- Memorial University Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s/Candler Hospital
- American Red Cross
- Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Centers for Disease Control
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Lewis Cancer and Research Pavilion