Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
Before applying for admission to the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program, individuals should determine if they are eligible or can become eligible by examining the following minimum academic and certification requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
GPA of 3.0 overall from last degree earned – OR one of the following:
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours leading to the degree
- GRE score of at least 297 (verbal and quantitative combined) if taken after August 1, 2011 (or minimum combined score of 1,000 if taken earlier)
- Miller Analogies Test score of 400*
- “Professional” certificate in any field
The above are minimum academic, test score or professional requirements only. Read the entire application checklist to determine what documents must be included in your submission.
Application for admission to the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program is a two-step process: application to the University Office of Graduate Admissions and a separate application to the College of Education. The required documents are included in the following two checklists:
Office of Graduate Admissions Application Checklist
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Payment of the Application Fee
- Certificate of immunization 221K
- Lawful presence verification 360K (required for all applicants requesting in-state tuition)
- One (1) official transcript 26K from all schools -- undergraduate and graduate -- where degrees were earned or work was done (Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the institution.)
College of Education Document Submission Checklist
- COE Letter of Intent by the applicant (using the required format in the application)
- One (1) Initial Disposition Assessment -- using the proper form [and coming separately from the references. Assessment requests should be made to current or former supervisors, colleagues or faculty members. Letters of recommendation are not required.
- Evidence of T-4 certification in any field or equivalent state-issued clear, renewable teaching or service certificate or eligilibity for a certificate
- Signed Employment Verification Form (only if applicant is a full-time teacher of record in a Georgia public school) OR current, clear background check through CertifiedBackground.com
*Note: Individuals who don’t meet the GPA requirement and don’t qualify for an exemption should take the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) for the following reasons: You can register with one-day’s notice, the test takes one hour, unofficial results are known at the end of the test, and the cost is $90 or less.