Graduate Opportunities - Information Technology BS Degree
Career opportunities within Information Technology include:
- System and Network Administrator
- System Acquisition, Integration and Implementation Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Database Designer and Developer
- Information Technology and Computing Project Manager
- Information Technology Specialist
- Information Technology auditor
- Web Database Application Developer
- Information/Cyber Security specialist
Advanced Studies/Continuing Education
Advanced studies or continuing education opportunities for graduates include:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, Health Informatics just to name a field
- Certificates: Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist, Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist, Cisco Routing and Switching Solutions Specialist, Certified E-commerce Consultants, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Oracle certification tracks, Planet 3 Wireless Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA), Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP), Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP), Certified Wireless Network Engineer (CWNE), Certified Wireless Network Trainer (CWNT), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and many more.
Graduates of the Georgia WebBSIT will be able to:
- Use and apply current IT discipline-related concepts and practices.
- Identify and analyze organizational and individual problems or opportunities in the IT
- realm and define requirements for addressing them when an IT solution is appropriate.
- Design and develop effective, IT-based solutions and integrate them into the user
- Create and implement effective project plans.
- Identify and investigate current and emerging technologies and assess their
- applicability to address individual and organizational needs.
- Analyze the impact of technology on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Collaborate in teams to accomplish common goals.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Recognize the qualities necessary to succeed in a professional environment.
Graduate from this program are recognized as:
- Technology Integrators
- Collaborative Project Managers
- Effective communicators (written, oral, non-verbal)
- Critical listeners
- Data driven decision-makers
- Successful team members
- Strategic Planners