Degrees and Programs Main Menu
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Special Education
Armstrong State University’s Master of Education in Special Education degree provides qualified special education professionals with advanced research-based special education skills for delivering successful inclusionary programming and transitional preparation outcomes for their students with moderate to severe disabilities.
Armstrong’s program offers degree candidates an emphasis in the following areas:
- autism spectrum disorders programming
- inclusionary programming
- transitional and career preparation (Graduates receive the Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement)
- assessment and instructional programming for students with our most significant challenges
- assistive technologies training
- advanced research and action research methodology
- understanding ethical practices and professionalism as a special education practitioner
Graduates with an advanced degree in special education will be prepared to compete for many job opportunities in public and private schools, especially in positions linked to transition responsibilities.
Armstrong's Master of Education in Special Education program offers the following benefits:
- the only state-approved Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement in Georgia
- tailored for working professionals who prefer the flexibility of an online pgrogram (All courses are online.)
- fully qualified online instructors who provide the highest level of instruction (Unstructors recognize some students who are new to online instruction need extra assistance to fell comfortable and be successful.)
- each candidate assigned a faculty advisor who will assist him or her from acceptance through graduation
All teacher-education programs at Armstrong are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Course of Study
The Master of Education in Special Education consists of 33 semester hours of approved online course work, including Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement requirements, completed over five semesters.