Degrees and Programs
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Special Education
Armstrong Atlantic State University’s Master’s of Education in Special Education degree provides qualified special education professionals with advanced research based special education skills for delivering successful inclusionary programming and transitional preparation outcomes for their students with the most significant challenges.
Armstrong’s advanced research based training program offers degree candidates the following current and novel training components:
- emphasis on autism spectrum disorders programming
- emphasis on inclusionary programming
- emphasis on transitional and career preparation (Graduates receive the Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement)
- emphasis on assessment and instructional programming for students with our most significant challenges
- emphasis on assistive technologies training
- emphasis on advanced research and action research methodology
- emphasis on understanding ethical practices and professionalism as a special education practitioner
Graduates with a Master’s Degree in Special Education will be prepared to compete for many job opportunities in public and private schools, and other agencies serving individuals with special needs, including nonprofit associations.
The Master of Education in Special Education includes the only Georgia approved Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement. The program is tailored for working professionals. All courses are completely online except two exciting courses completed face to face during the summer months. All online instructors are fully qualified and provide the highest levels of exemplary instruction for online students. They recognize some students are new to online instruction and provide the assistance needed so students are comfortable and succeed.
All teacher education programs at Armstrong Atlantic are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Course of Study
The Master of Education in Special Education requires candidates to complete 33 semester hours of approved online and blended course work in five semesters. Faculty advisors will also assist in registering students for each semester.