Degrees and Programs
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Clinical Informatics
The Clinical Informatics certificate program prepares experienced clinical professionals to become leaders in the research, development, implementation, evaluation and management of information technology solutions to improve patient health outcomes. The program fulfills didactic content requirements permitting students to obtain professional certification in clinical informatics (CPHIMS) through examination.
A number of recent alumni from a related program (Master of Health Services Administration) at Armstrong have successfully secured positions with Health IT consulting organizations such as Community Health Systems, Greenway Medical Technologies and Bridgemore Solutions, working as meaningful use consultants and health information system implementation experts.
- 100% online program
- Program developed in collaboration with clinical informatics practitioners and leaders
- Program faculty with expertise in the field
- Convenient, three-semester program, allowing for completion in one year.
Course of Study
The 12-credit hour program is comprised of the following course sequence:
- MHSA/NURS 6010 Foundations of Clinical Informatics
- MHSA/NURS 6020 Knowledge/Information Management
- MHSA/NURS 6030 Project Management
- MHSA/NURS 6040 Systems Lifecycle and Applications