Degrees and Programs Main Menu
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Education in Adult Education
The Master of Education in Adult Education programs allows students to build upon their workplace knowledge and area of expertise to become educational leaders in their current field and community.
Although this degree prepares its graduates for a wide variety of career opportunities, it is offered in very few institutions of higher education, making it a popular and sought-after choice for individuals seeking advancement in many community and corporate settings.
As an adult educator, you may teach large classrooms of students at the high school or university level, or you may teach small groups of adults in corporate settings. Sometimes, adult educators work with students on an individual basis. Because information and technology are being created at such fast rates, employees are finding that they must remain in continual learning mode in order to have the necessary skills to successfully complete their jobs.
Course of Study
The Master of Education (M. Ed.) in Adult Education is a 30 semester hour program of study.
Alumni from the Adult Education program are currently working or have worked in the following:
- Savannah Technical College
- Memorial University Teaching & Health Care Systems Center
- Armstrong State University
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Private local businesses
- Federal Corrections Institutes
- Savannah State University
- St. Joseph’s/Candler Health Care Systems
- Community non-profits (St. Mary’s Community Center, - - Goodwill Industries, Habitat for Humanity, Mercy Housing, Depart of Family & Child Services)
- City of Savannah
- Ocean-Site Nursing Home, Tybee Island
- U.S. Representative’s staff
- The Mansion on Forsyth (esthetician/trainer)