Undergraduate Research Main Menu
Undergraduate Research Grants
Grants are available only for academic undergraduate research projects taken for Armstrong class credit. These grants are not to be used to replace departmental budget responsibilities for typical classroom work and cannot be used to purchase computer equipment. You are expected to consult with your research mentor (the instructor of your course) for help in completing this application. All expenses must be accompanied by receipts which should not include sales tax. Each student can download the tax exempt form from the Purchasing website.
What is Refundable?
- individual costs associated with traveling to a conference to present student-created work
- supplies needed to present undergraduate research projects at an academic conference (including the Armstrong Student Scholars Symposium) and poster printing fees
- supplies needed to complete an undergraduate research project
- subscriptions, memberships, and fees paid to institutions to complete research (online or in person)
What is Not Refundable?
- travel expenses already covered by the department sponsoring student conference attendance (i.e. – you cannot get reimbursed twice for the same expenses)
- costs of meals or parking while conducting research
- costs of computer software
- wear & tear reimbursement for car travel.