Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification in Spanish
Successful completion of this program results in initial Georgia state teacher certification, grades K-12 for Spanish. Prospective students must have at least one of the following:
- an undergraduate degree with a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.50, or
- an undergraduate degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of that undergraduate degree, or
- a minimum combined Graduate Record Examination score of 1030 (verbal and quantitative)
Note: The GRE is not required for applicants who meet the minimum grade point average requirements.
Students with undergraduate degrees in Spanish need to complete the program of study.
Students with undergraduate degrees in subjects other than Spanish will likely need to take additional coursework in Spanish in order to gain certification.
Admission to this program requires two simultaneous applications:
- application to Armstrong’s Graduate Studies [, 1146KB]
- application for candidacy in the College of Education
To be admitted as a candidate in the College of Education, applicants must have already passed the GACE Basic Skills test and GACE II Spanish tests: GACE Spanish Preparation Guide
In addition to documentation of passing GACE scores, students must also submit the following documentation to the College of Education Student Services Center, University Hall 242:
- One (1) official transcript in a sealed envelope from each regionally accredited institution attended where undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) credits were earned.
- An original letter of intent [, 60KB] written by the applicant.
- Two (2) initial dispositions [, 53KB] from current or former supervisors, university faculty, and/or colleagues (no family or friends) which address the applicant’s personal demeanor with supervisors, peers, and/or students and parents. Disposition forms are available from the College of Education’s Student Services Center, University Hall 242.
- A certified background check or employment verification form
- A completed tort liability insurance form