History Main Menu
Dr. Christopher Curtis
Department Head, Professor of History
- HIST 3730 Jacksonian America
- HIST 3750 Civil War and Reconstruction
- 1986, B.A., University of South Carolina
- 1997, M.A., Virginia Tech
- 2002, Ph.D.,Emory University
- Church Property Rights and the Separation of Church and State
- The U.S. Supreme Court during the Nullification Crisis
- Jefferson’s Freeholders and the Politics of Ownership in the Old Dominion (Cambridge University Press, 2012).
- “Codification in Virginia: Conway Robinson, John Mercer Patton, and the Politics of Law Reform,” Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (2009): 140-180.
- “Reconsidering Suffrage Reform in the 1829-1830 Virginia Constitutional Convention,” Journal of Southern History, (2008): 89-124.
- “Partus Sequitur Ventrem: Slavery, Property Rights, and the Language of Republicanism in Virginia’s House of Delegates, 1831-1832,” Australian Journal of Legal History, (2000): 93-114.
Publication Cover Art