Armstrong Atlantic State University and the College of Liberal Arts have been blessed by friends who have given generously to support our educational and service missions. These friends, found in the community, in the alumni association, and among Armstrong faculty and staff, encourage gifted and needy students with scholarship monies, support projects that expand educational opportunities for a wide range of students, and fund innovative faculty development projects that ultimately enrich the learning environment.
Dean's Fund for Excellence
This fund is the focus of fund raising efforts for the College of Liberal Arts. The resources will be used to provide:
Support for Exceptional Students: State funds cannot be used to support student travel, but increasingly Armstrong students are involved in research projects and service learning projects that require travel, supplies, and materials. Often the travel involves presenting the findings of the project at regional and national meetings. Support for these highly motivated students will be one purpose of this fund.
Faculty Development in the College of Liberal Arts: Armstrong has hired and continues to hire excellent faculty members, very much engaged with the questions of their discipline. In the past five years, faculty members in the College have published 20 books, 250 articles, and engaged students in dozens of collaborative research projects. Gifts to this fund will support exceptional faculty and provide needed funds to continue and expand faculty-student research endeavors.
Gifts should be sent to:
Armstrong FoundationPlease also consider the wide variety of giving opportunities that are associated with various units of the College. By selecting one of the units listed below, you will find a description of associated Armstrong Foundation accounts together with their account numbers.
Armstrong Atlantic State University
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419-1997
College of Liberal Arts163) Dean's Fund for Excellence: Supports scholarly and service projects of exceptional students and exceptional faculty
324) Jill Miller Scholarship: Supports art students and students in the AASU Honors Program with expenses associated with study abroad
Art, Music and Theatre125) I. Cantori Scholarship Fund: Funds scholarships for students of voice
143) James Lord Pierpoint Fund: Funds scholarships for music students
162) Art/Ceramics: Improvement and expansion of facilities used by ceramics faculty and students
180) Piano Scholarship: Supports scholarships for piano students
198) Masquer's Drama Scholarships: Supports scholarships for drama majors & minors
Criminal Justice, Social & Political Science146) Criminal Justice, Social & Political Sciences: Supports departmental operations and student enrichment events
265) Ross Clark Scholarship
Economics144) Economics: Supports departmental operations and student enrichment events
History172) History Department: Supports activities such as guest lecturers and conferences at AASU and student participation in statewide conferences such as Phi Alpha Theta
176) Armstrong History Fund: Supports faculty research initiatives by funding student support
Languages, Literature & Philosophy177) Jones Scholarship: Funds awards for English majors
230) English Department: Supports departmental operations and student enrichment events
278) English Majors Abroad: Funds scholarships for travel abroad