Student Chapter of the NAEA
An organization dedicated to promoting an exchange of ideas in art education on campus. Associated with two professional art education groups: the National Art Education Association and the Georgia Art Education Association. The purposes of this organization are:
- To provide a smooth transition from art education preparation to professional practice.
- To raise and maintain a high standard of quality art education on campus and in the community.
- To gain greater insight and perspective about the teaching of art and contemporary concepts in art education.
- To sponsor service projects such as exhibitions, speakers, workshops, etc.
- To promote an exchange of ideas in art education.
- To enlist future teachers from high school, promoting as a career both art education and other areas of art.
Advisor: Dr. Tom Cato
Dept: Art, Music & Theater