Art & Art Education Program Menu
Decision Points for the Graduate Post-Baccalaureate program in Art Education
It is the student's responsibility to adhere to the criteria for each decision point, as well as initiate and maintain advisement with the academic advisor.
Progression in the Program of Study
- Continue submission & assessment of critical assignments via LiveText. Begin submission for LiveText.
- Maintain overall GPA of 2.50 (nonrounded) or higher on all undergraduate art courses and 3.0 (nonrounded) or higher on all attempted graduate courses.
Admission to Graduate Internship
- Completion of all program requirements
- GPA of 2.50 (nonrounded) or higher on all undergraduate art courses and 3.0 (nonrounded) or higher on all attempted graduate courses
- Photocopy of passing scores & dates for GACE Content Assessment Tests Being admitted to Graduate Internship (Student Teaching) requires, among other things, that you pass GACE II Content Assessment Tests One and Two before you can be admitted. Most students take GACE II Content Assessment Tests the semester before they are to enroll in Graduate Internship (Student Teaching). You must plan ahead to be certain that your scores are returned by the due date. You must supply the official scores in your application package, or by the due date for scores.
- One Positive Disposition Assessment requested from the instructor of EDUC 6200 in LiveText, printed & attached
- One Positive Disposition Assessment requested from the instructor of ARTS 5500G in LiveText, printed & attached
- Completed Criminal Background Check
- Professional Tort Liability Insurance (plan #, dates of insurance coverage; must be continuous and valid from admission to candidacy through completion of program)
- Completed application for Graduate Internship for enrollment in ARTS 6750
- Completed portfolio submission in LiveText and request for evaluation (due on November 1 for Spring Graduate Internship and April 1 for Fall Graduate Internship)
Completion of Program and request for initial certification
- Final overall GPA of 3.0 (nonrounded) for all Graduate courses and 2.5 for undergraduate courses taken
- Successful Performance Outcomes Assessment (POA)
- One Positive Disposition Assessment requested from the university instructor of ARTS 6750 in LiveText
- Internship portfolio submissions in LiveText