Dr. Elizabeth (Liz Desnoyers-Colas)
Assistant Professor, Communication
Jenkins Hall 101
- Introduction to African American History (AFAS 2000)
- Communication Between the Genders (Comm 5600U)
- Nonverbal Communication, (Comm. 5200U)
- Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace (Comm. 5050U)
- Introduction to Public Speaking (Comm. 2280)
- Interpersonal Communication in Small Groups (Comm. 3050)
Ph.D in Communication: Regent University Virginia Beach, VA
- Emphasis: Intercultural/International Communication
MA in Communication: Regent University, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Emphasis: Creative Writing/Journalism
- B.A. in Mass Media/Journalism, Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WN
- Narrative and Story telling in the African American Community
- African American Language/Code Switching
- Racial/social Identity
- Womanism/Black Feminism
- African American Music
- African American Theater
- Marching asto War: Personal Narratives of African American Women’s Experiences in the Gulf Wars. Lanham, MD,: University Press of America(Scheduled for publication summer 2011)
- Sista MC Droppin’ Rhymes with a Beat: Rap, Rhetoric and Resistance.Published Feb 2009, VDM Verlag Publications: Germany.
- Bridge over Troubled Waters: The Cross Cultural Appeal of Thomas A. Dorsey’s Signature Songs.” Co-written chapter in More Than Precious Memories,” The Rhetoric of Southern Gospel Music. Macon, Ga., Mercer University Press 2004.