Men of Vision & Excellence Main Menu
Now Accepting Applications for MOVE Mentors
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is identifying MOVE Mentors for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year. MOVE Mentors will work with the Men of Vision and Excellence program at Armstrong in providing student support for the 2013/2014 freshman class.
Men Of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) is a multifaceted support program for African-American males entering Armstrong as first year, full-time, college freshman. The goal of M.O.V.E. is to enhance retention, progression, and graduation by creating a culture of academic support and success.
The M.O.V.E. Mentor will be responsible for:
- Meeting regularly with students.
- Providing documentation to students and maintaining accurate logs.
- Maintaining social and professional networking information and opportunities through the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)
- Updating African American Male Initiative/ Men of Vision and Excellence (MOVE) resource materials for faculty, staff, and student usage
- Mentoring and tutoring MOVE students
- Reaching out to students who have contacted our office for support/ information purposes
- Traveling with group to conferences, social outings, etc. as needed
To qualify candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Completed at least 30 hours of study
- Have a clean judicial record
- Have a desire to work with at risk populations
- Must be available to work 7 hours per week
- Previous exposure to the MOVE program is a plus.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying please contact one of the following individuals: