Radiologic Sciences Main Menu
Non-RT, Special Option and Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Regular admission to Armstrong State University (If you are having difficulty with university admissions, contact the Department of Radiologic Sciences for assistance).
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher for all college work. (Applicants with less than 2.5 may be considered under special circumstances.)
- Complete the Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET). HOBET results are due as a part of the application process. Failure to submit the HOBET prior to the application deadline will prohibit the review of the applicant's application. Please schedule your appointment to take the HOBET as soon as possible. HOBET test dates and seats are limited. Failure to keep a scheduled appointment to take the HOBET may negatively impact your ability to complete the admissions application. Applicants may contact the Armstrong State University Office of Testing Services at 912-344-2582 for more information about the HOBET. The entire application packet must be complete by January 15th. See General Admission Information for more details regarding the application packet.
Prior to the beginning of the program, the following must be successfully completed:
- Mimimum of 50 semester hours of degree requirements including College Algebra and two college English courses
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Three of the four additional lab sciences in the program of study.
- For nuclear medicine these must include General Chemistry (CHEM 1151 or CHEM 1211 or equivalent) AND General Physics (PHYS 1111 or PHSC 1211 or equivalent) or physical environment with labs
- For sonography these must include General Physics (PHYS 1111 or PHSC 1211 or equivalent) or physical environment with labs
- Students who are admitted to the program are strongly encouraged to complete remaining CORE during the summer semester prior to the start of the program. Failure to meet all core requirements prior to beginning the program may delay your graduation.
- Special Options applicants must provide proof of ARRT or NMTCB certification.
Applicants not meeting the criteria stated above may apply and will be considered under special circumstances at a later date.