RN Options (RN to BSN)
Armstrong’s flexible RN Options program is designed to meet the educational needs of registered nurses (RNs) who are interested in earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree- Online. You must hold an unencumbered Georgia RN license to meet eligibility requirements for application to Armstrong’s RN Options program. Armstrong’s nursing program is approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Armstrong’s online RN Options program offers the working nurse flexibility in continuing their education toward a BSN.
The RN Options program is taught by experienced, dedicated faculty in a scholarly atmosphere where students interact regularly with nurse leaders via electronic and telephonic modes of communication. Face-to-face office meetings can be arranged per student request. The RN Options program features:
- Full and part-time program of study
- Applications for enrollment to the RN Option program are accepted Fall and Spring semesters (see Admission Criteria to RN-BSN Program)
Armstrong’s RN Options program participates in the Georgia RN-BSN Articulation Model for advanced placement of licensed registered nurses in BSN programs. Thirty-three (33) hours of credit for previous nursing education courses is awarded after successful completion of six (6) credits in RN Options program. You can bridge from the RN-BSN program to the MSN program to earn a Master of Science degree in nursing. For more information specific to the MSN program, see the Nursing Graduate page.
Countdown to Success
- Apply to Armstrong - select your student type and check the appropriate Admissions Checklist for instructions
- Get Advised by your Academic Advisor - the only way to get your hold lifted for registration
- Register for classes early - check SHIP for your registration time
- Apply for Financial AId
- Pay Your Bill - to save your classes, students will be dropped for non payment
- Attend the First Day of Class - or you may be dropped for nonattendance
- Schedule an appointment with the RN-BSN Coordinator, to develop a plan of study. This conference may be by phone or on-campus: Dr. Marilyn O’Mallon RNO Coordinator (912) 344-2815 or Marilyn.Omallon@armstrong.edu
- Submit all required RN Options admission forms: (a) health history and physical examination, including immunization requirements including measles, rubella, and hepatitis B; (b) tuberculosis screening; (c) current American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers’ certification; (d) Professional RN Liability insurance (can be purchased from the Bursar's office); and (e) health insurance waiver
For more information please call 912.344.2553 or email Ruth.Davis@armstrong.edu