Interprofessional Health Professions Collaboration

Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist

Required Education & Licensure

The education requirements are a bachelor's degree.  Licensure requires credentialing from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART), basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate, and successful completion of course work in cardiac arrhythmia and EKG and two (2) years of experience in invasive cardiology procedures.  

What do they do?

They help diagnose and treat blood vessel and heart diseases. See program description at Armstrong Radiologic Sciences.

Where do they work?

Hospitals and physician groups who diagnose and treat cardiovascular diseases and work within cardiac catheterization departments, electrophysiology laboratories, and angiography departments

Professional Associations


According to the Department of Labor, median annual earnings of cardiovascular technologists and technicians were $52,070 in May 2012. The middle 50 percent earned between $36,940 and $67,520.