Admission to the BSN program is very competitive. Armstrong's nursing program admits 80 students each Spring and Fall semester. Applications for Fall admission will be available during the Spring semester. Applications for Spring admission will be available during the Fall Semester.
Admission Criteria to the Department Of Nursing’s (DON) BSN Major - Traditional and Post-Baccalaureate
- Admission to Armstrong Atlantic State University. All transfer credits must be evaluated by the Registrar’s office and posted on the Armstrong transcript upon official acceptance to the University.
- Must be able to meet the Core Performance Standards.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on all attempted courses on the Program of Study for the DON.
- Must score at the proficient level or higher on ATI's Test of Essential Academic Skills Version 5 (TEAS 5).
- Successful completion of 54 semester hours in appropriate core courses prior to admission.
- Sciences in Area F must have been completed within the past 10 years and with a grade of C or higher, including Post-baccalaureate students.
- A grade of C or higher is required for Core Areas A, D, and F courses.
- Repeating more than one course or repeating one course more than once in Areas A, D, or F to earn a passing grade of C or better, makes the student ineligible for admission.
- Post-baccalaureate students must complete Area D’s Math 2200 Elementary Statistics and Area F with a grade of C or higher.
- All core courses and graduation requirements must be completed before beginning senior semester of nursing.
- Students with Conditional Admission must bring proof of meeting the requirements. Failure to do so will result in removal from the admitted list.
Also, see frequently asked questions.