Medical Laboratory Science
Med Tech Club Constitution & Bylaws
ARTICLE I. NAMEThe name of this organization shall be the Armstrong Atlantic State University Student Organization of Medical Technology
ARTICLE II. OBJECTIVESThe objectives of this organization shall be to promote social and intellectual fellowship among its members, encourage research, develop professionalism and to raise the prestige of medical technologists.
ARTICLE III. ORGANIZATIONThe membership of this organization shall consist of an unlimited number of Medical Technology students at Armstrong Atlantic State University
ARTICLE IV. OFFICERSThe elective officers of this organization shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary/Treasurer whose election and duties shall be established in Chapter II of the BYLAWS. In addition to these officers, one representative from each class shall constitute the Executive Council of this organization whose duties shall be explained in Chapter II of the BYLAWS.
ARTICLE V. DUESThe dues of this organization shall be $1.00 per semester payable to the Secretary/Treasurer.
ARTICLE VI. PRINCIPLES OF ETHICSThe Code of Ethics of this organization, which shall not be in conflict with the Principles of Ethics of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, shall govern the professional conduct of all members.
CHAPTER I. MEMBERSHIPSection I. Qualifications. The active members of the Organization shall be medical technology undergraduate students enrolled in Armstrong Atlantic State University of good moral character and whom possess a satisfactory scholastic standing.
Section II. Good Standing. Any member of this organization who is not under a final sentence of suspension or expulsion from Armstrong Atlantic State University and whose dues for the current calendar year shall have been paid, shall be considered a member in good standing of this organization.
CHAPTER II. OFFICERSSection I. Number and Title. The officers of the Armstrong Atlantic State University Organization of Medical Technology shall be three (3) in number and consist of a President, Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurer.
Section II. Qualifications. Any active member of the organization who is in good standing and enrolled in the processional phase of the program may serve as President, Vice-President, or Secretary/Treasurer.
Section III. Nomination and Elections. The officers shall be elected at the first meeting of Fall Semester each year and shall take office then. At the time of election, nominations may be made from the floor. In the event there is more than one (1) nomination for any office, the election shall be by ballot. The
candidate receiving the majority of the votes shall be declared the elected officer. When there is only one candidate for an office, elections may be by acclamation. Each member votes on all offices, except the class representatives which shall be voted on by members of the respective classes.
Section IV. Tenure of Office. The officers shall serve for a term of one year, from Fall thru Summer semester. Officers will continue to perform their duties until they are re-elected or their successors have been elected and installed.
Section V. Vacancies. In the event of a vacancy in one of the offices, the organization will vote on a new officer at the next meeting.
Section VI. Duties.
- President. The duties shall be:
- To preside at all meetings, except executive board meetings.
- To call special meetings.
- To appoint members of all committees if necessary.
- To perform such other as may be expected of the President or as may be provided by these bylaws.
- Vice-President. The duties shall be:
- To preside at all meetings in the absence of the President.
- To preside in the event that the President's term of office is unavoidably terminated, the Vice-President will preside as President for the duration of the President's term in office.
- To preside at all Executive Council Meetings.
- To preside as program chairperson.
- Secretary/Treasurer. The duties shall be:
- To assume the responsibility of announcing all meetings.
- To serve as secretary for all meetings.
- To present an annual report of the activities of the office at the termination of each year.
- To conduct official correspondence.
- To maintain an official register of all members.
- To maintain accurate records of the financial status of the Organization.
- Class Representative. The duty of the Class Representative shall be to represent their individual classes at meetings of the Executive Council.
- Executive Council. The Executive Council shall be the representative body of the Student Organization of Medical Technology, empowered to administer the Constitution and ByLaws.
CHAPTER III. MEETINGSSection I. Attendance. Members are expected to attend ALL meetings.
Section II. Regular Meetings. Meetings shall be held once a month. The date and time shall be decided at the first meeting of each year.
Section III. Special Meetings. The President may call special meetings with a notice given to each member.
Section IV. Quorum. The majority of members of the Armstrong Atlantic State University Student Organization of Medical Technology shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. Section V. Order of Business. Unless changed by the two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of members at meeting, the order of business at each meeting shall be:
- A. Call to Order
- Roll Call of Members
- Reading of the Minutes
- Treasurer's Report
- Report of Committees
- Old Business
- New Business
Section VII. Code of Ethics. Whenever applicable, the code of ethics of the Organization shall be the same as that adopted by the American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science.
CHAPTER IV. COMMITTEESThe committees of this organization shall be unlimited in number and will include the following established committees.
Section I. Permanent Committees
- Constitution and ByLaws Committees
- Prepare a Constitution and ByLaws.
- Have prints made to be distributed to the membership.
- Review annually the Constitution and ByLaws to see that they coincide to changing trends.
- Submit annual report of the activities of the committees.
Special committees shall be appointed by the President with confirmation of the Executive Council when the occasion arises.
Section III. Duties of Committee Members
Committee members shall be responsible for carrying out all delegated duties and to attend all specified meetings.