Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Sciences Main Menu
- SAT of at least 890 with 430 or more in Math and 460 or more in Verbal.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.4 or more.
- Satisfactory completion of the Regent's Testing Program, if applicable.
- Completion and/or credit for: a minimum of 16 semester hours biological science to include anatomy and physiology and general microbiology; a minimum of 12 semester hours chemistry to include general and organic and/or biochemistry; and a minimum of two college mathematics courses to include statistics.
- Science courses (chemistry and biology) average of 2.5 or better with no more than one required science course with a grade of "D."
All prerequisite science (chemistry and biological science) courses are restricted to courses applicable to a major in those fields or Medical Laboratory Science, according to the curriculum requirements of the academic institution where the course or courses were taken. Remedial courses do not qualify.
Applicants who do not meet all of the requirements stated above, may, under certain circumstances be granted conditional admission as space permits. This decision would be made by the Department Head in consultation with the Admissions Committee.