College of Education
Innovative Ideas in Literacy Conference
Right Brain (Poetry) & Left Brain (Technology)
Meet the Common Core
Special student rates for CSWP events:
Armstrong students are invited to register [, 412KB] for the conference (please mark status on registration form)
- Free for current Armstrong students with CSWP student membership (membership also permits free attendance at monthly CSWP Spring 2014 workshops)
- $10 for Armstrong undergraduate students; $15 for current Armstrong graduate students
- $15 for December 2013 graduates
This year we will have two guest speakers to meet all present and future classroom literacy needs at any grade level. Brod Bagert is a poet for teachers and many early elementary teachers, as well as middle-level, have most of his poetry books--written for kids--in their classrooms. Brod will give the keynote speech and offer breakout session workshops. I have met him, and he is quite fun. You can meet him via CSWP Facebook Page video and Sara Kajder, author, 8th grade classroom teacher, and technology expert (and also lots of fun—her sessions at NCTE are always full) will present a workshop on digital writing workshop.
There will also be additional breakout sessions, such as:
- The A,B,C's of Research to help 6-12 graders meet CCSS Research Standards for informative and argument Writing
- Socractic Seminar will meet CCSS in Speaking & Listening
- Reader Response to meet CCSS in Reading
- Writing in Math to meet CCSS in Writing and Math
Breakfast refreshments will be served, and Follett will conduct a book sale and author signing of the presenters' books.
Come for the Food. Stay for the Laughter. Leave with Classroom Ideas & Lessons
February 8 at 8:30-1:00 @ Armstrong Student Union
Seating is limited in our new venue; preregistration required for Breakout Sessions.
Get COEBlog Updates by Email
University Hall 231