Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
M.A.T. in Special Education with Initial Certification
Before applying for admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching in Early Childhood Education program, individuals should determine if they are eligible or can become eligible by examining the following minimum academic and test score requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
GPA of 2.5 overall OR one of the following:
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours leading to the bachelor’s degree
- GRE score of at least 1,000
- Miller Analogies Test score of 400
Passing score on GACE Basic Skills Tests – Reading (Test Code 200), Math (Test Code 201), and Writing (Test Code 202) OR one of the following:
- SAT combined score (Verbal and Math) of at least 1,000
- ACT combined score (English and Math) of at least 43
- GRE combined score (Verbal and Quantitative) of at least 1,030 (or 297 for test scores after 8/1/11)
- Passing score on equivalent test used in other states
The above are minimum academic, test score or professional requirements only. Read the entire application checklist to determine what documents must be included in your submission.
If you have questions about these eligibility requirements, please contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator in the College of Education. Contact information is provided in the left panel of this page.