Childhood & Exceptional Student Education
Childhood and Exceptional Student Education Main Menu
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Education (M. Ed.) in Early Childhood Education
Before applying for admission to the Master of Education in Early Childhood Education program, individuals should determine if they are eligible or can become eligible by examining the following minimum academic and professional requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
GPA of 3.0 overall OR one of the following:
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours leading to the bachelor’s degree
- GRE combined (verbal and quantitative) score of 297 (or 1000 before 08/01/2011)
- Miller Analogies Test score of 400
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution*
- Evidence of T-4 certification or eligibility for certification in early childhood education (or equivalent certification from another state)
*Note: "PSC-accepted accredited institutions are those that are accredited by accrediting organizations recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation or The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) at http://www.chea.org.
The above are minimum academic, test score or professional requirements only. Read the entire application checklist to determine what documents must be included in your submission.