Secondary, Adult & Physical Education
Secondary, Adult & Physical Education Main Menu
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
University Hall 271
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) in Secondary Education
Application for admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching in Special Education program is a two-step process: application to the university Office of Graduate Admissions and a separate application to the College of Education. The required documents are included in the following two checklists:
Office of Graduate Admissions Application Checklist
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Certificate of immunization 221K
- Lawful presence verification 360K (required for all applicants requesting in-state tuition)
- One (1) official transcript 26K from all schools -- undergraduate and graduate -- where degrees were earned or work was done (Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the institution.)
College of Education Submission Checklist
- COE Letter of Intent by the applicant (using the required format)
- Two (2) Initial Disposition Assessments -- using the proper form and coming under separately from the references. Assessment requests should be made to current or former supervisors, colleagues or faculty members. This form is used in place of a letter of recommendation.
- Sufficient academic preparation.
- Evidence of passing the Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Program Admission Assessment OR qualifying for an exemption.
- Evidence of passing the applicable Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Content Assessment.
- Current, clear background check through CertifiedBackground.com OR signed Employment Verification Form (only if applicant is a full-time teacher of record in a Georgia public school).