The Staff Advisory Council at Armstrong Atlantic State University represents staff employees by involving the staff in the decision making process of the university, thus promoting a positive and collaborative work environment. Our mission is to advance the exchange of information, provide a common voice for staff ideas and concerns, and maintain a communication link between staff members and university administration.
The Council does not serve as a substitute for the university's formal grievance procedure.
Responsibilities of the Council are as follows:
- Establish a sense of identity, recognition, and worth of each staff member in his/her relationship to the University
- Serve as a representative advisory council, identify concerns related to staff, and seek solutions
- Act as an advocate for the University staff by bringing their concerns to the attention of the appropriate body and following through to resolution
- Provide a channel for communication of interests, concerns, and issues that affect staff
- Identify and recommend the need for development and/or modification of University policies directly affecting staff members
- Suggest and promote activities that provide employees the opportunity to build informal relationships, thus aiding improved communication among staff and faculty members
- Integrate the staff into existing University affairs
- Create a stronger bond among the staff through promoting and supporting appropriate University initiatives