SHIP Help and FAQs
- What is SHIP?
- What can I do when I log in to SHIP?
- How do I access SHIP?
- What do I need to log in to SHIP?
- I don't know my AASU ID / I have forgotten my AASU ID (907 number).
- I don't know or have forgotten my PIN number.
- How do I register for classes using SHIP?
- How do I pay my bill?
- You dropped me for nonpayment. Doesn't that mean I've been withdrawn from the university?
What is SHIP?
SHIP stands for "Student Help and Information Portal" and is more formally known as SCT's Self Service Banner (SSB). SHIP gives Armstrong students access to their personal and academic information: the ability to view grades and transcripts, check account balances, register for classes, and much more.
What can I do when I log in to SHIP?
Under the 'Student' Menu you can
- Display your class schedule
- Add or drop classes (only during your assigned registration time)
- View your holds
- Display your grades & transcripts
- Review Financial Aid requirements & awards
- Request Enrollment Verification
Under the Personal Information you can:
- View your address(es)
- View your phone number(s)
- View your e-mail address(es)
- Change your PIN
How do I access SHIP?
You can access SHIP from the Port of Armstrong using your Novell ID and password or from this page or from the SHIP homepage using your Student ID (907 number) and your PIN.
What do I need to log in to SHIP?
You need to know:
- your Armstrong Student ID, which is a 9-digit number that you were assigned upon admission into Armstrong. Your Armstrong ID is also frequently referred to as your "907" number because it begins with 907. This number does not change - it is your unique identifier the entire time you are at Armstrong.
- your PIN Number which is a 6-digit number that you were assigned upon admission into Armstrong. On your first login to SHIP, you were prompted to change this number for security, and you are required to change this number periodically throughout your time as a student.
I don't know my Armstrong ID / I have forgotten my Armstrong ID (907 number).
Click on the Look Up Your ID link under the login box. You will be taken to a screen that will prompt you for your name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. Enter this information, click "Search" and you will be shown your Armstrong ID (907 number).
If you have problems retrieving your 907 number from this screen, please call the Registrar's Office at 912.344.2576 for assistance.
I don't know or have forgotten my PIN number.
You can retrieve your PIN number online:
- Type your Armstrong ID (907 number) into the box next to "User ID" in the Login Box on this screen (if you don't know your Armstrong ID, follow the instructions here first)
- Look under the login box for the link that says "Forgot Your PIN?" and click on it
- You will be taken to a screen that prompts you for the security question you set up when you first signed on to SHIP.
How do I register for classes using SHIP?
How do I pay my bill?
You dropped me for nonpayment. Doesn't that mean I've been withdrawn from the university?
Being dropped for nonpayment is not the same thing as a complete withdrawal from the university. Students who are dropped for nonpayment have all their classes dropped and their bill is erased. This is usually done before classes begin, or at the end of the add/drop period. Students who are dropped for nonpayment have a small window where they can still re-enroll in classes if they pay their bill in full.
Do not assume that your classes will be dropped if you do not pay!
Students who withdraw from all their classes after add/drop must do so through Enrollment Services. If you showed up to your classes and are verified as in attendance, you have blocked a seat in that class that we could have given to another student. You will be charged for the time you were in classes, which means that you may still owe money.