Recreation & Wellness
Recreation and Wellness Main Menu
- You MUST be a member of the Student Recreation Center and possess a valid Pirate ID Card.
- Pick up the personal training agreement form from Student Recreation Center (SRC) or online.
- Packages can be paid in full at the SRC. Participants can pay with Pirate Cash (To put money on your Pirate Card log into SHIP), Credit Card or Debit Card. Another option is to pay at the cashier’s office in Burnett Hall. For Burnett Hall, payments are to be deposited into Recreation Center Account # 1227010 and can be paid with cash, check, credit card or Pirate Cash.
- Complete the interest form in the Fitness Trainer Brochure and return to Megan Feasel or the entrance desk.
- You will be contacted within 24 hours by a personal trainer to schedule a time to complete a health history questionnaire and discuss general fitness goals. Based on your response, you might be required to obtain a physician’s clearance prior to beginning your training sessions.
- Client must present receipt to the trainer the day of the health assessment.
- Client must provide 24 hour notice to trainer when canceling an appointment to avoid getting charged for that session.
- Each session is 60 minutes in length
The personal training staff is comprised of certified Armstrong students and affiliates interested and educated in exercise science, physical education, nursing, or a related field. You may choose your own personal trainer providing they are available. Click here to check out our trainer's bios.
What to expect
Your trainer will develop a program based on your interests, goals, and current fitness level. The first meeting with your trainer will include 20-30 minutes of goal setting and program development and 30-40 minutes of fitness testing/health assessment. Subsequent sessions will include 60 minutes of cardiovascular, muscular conditioning, and/or flexibility exercises working towards achieving your fitness goals.
Packages and Prices
|5 sessions (Group 2 ppl)||$140||$160|
|12 sessions (Group 2 ppl)||$288||$336|
1 session purchased = 1 fitness health assessment and exercise plan (without trainer)
The Health Assessment is mandatory before any exercise can be given by the trainer
To meet with the trainer one on one in the weight room you must purchase more than 1 session
Fitness Health Assessment Includes: