Student Affairs Main Menu
Nick Mamalakis Emerging Leader Program
The Nick Mamalakis Emerging Leader Program is a 9-week leadership development program for freshman and sophomore students. The program will be highly interactive with participants taking a major role in each program. Mini-lectures, skill building workshops, and human potential exercises will provide hands-on training for the participants to learn to be more effective as a person and as a leader.
There is no cost to students who are chosen to participate in the program.
What is the purpose of the program?
- To assist students with their transition into college leadership opportunities.
- To teach students the skills that are needed to be successful in leadership positions.
- To enable students to discover within themselves the qualities that make them effective people and leaders.
- To help direct new students into appointed and elected leadership positions that are available on campus.
- To develop new students as leaders so that their marketability upon graduation is improved.
Benefits to being an Emerging Leader
- Connections: Each student will have multiple opportunities to meet and create relationships with current student leaders and community leaders.
- Mentorship: Each student will receive 1:1 mentorship and support for the achievement of their personal goals for campus and community leadership.
- Immersion: Each student will have opportunities to participate in various service projects on campus.
- Experience: Each student will have opportunities to experience with leading other students toward the achievement of a common goal.
- Exploration: Each student will be able to explore the various student leadership positions currently available on campus through mini-internships.
What topics are covered in the program?
- Leadership Styles
- Consensus Seeking
- Servant Leadership
- Coalition Building
- Customer Service and Leadership
- Leadership and Reward
- Ethics in Leadership
- Communication Skills and the Leader
- Table Manners and Courtesy
- How to be a Good Leader
- How to be a Good Follower
How do I apply to the program?
For more information, contact: