Assistant Director, Student Union and Activities
For more information, contact:
Office of Student Union and Activities
Armstrong Atlantic State University
MCC Room 201
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, Georgia 31419-1997
Phone: 912.344.2504 Fax: 912.344.3475
Nick Mamalakis Emerging Leader Program
The Nick Mamalakis Emerging Leader Program is a 9-week leadership development program for freshman and sophomore students. The program will be highly interactive with participants taking a major role in each program. Mini-lectures, skill building workshops, and human potential exercises will provide hands-on training for the participants to learn to be more effective as a person and as a leader.
There is no cost to students who are chosen to participate in the program.
What is the purpose of the program?
- To assist students with their transition into college leadership opportunities.
- To teach students the skills that are needed to be successful in leadership positions.
- To enable students to discover within themselves the qualities that make them effective people and leaders.
- To help direct new students into appointed and elected leadership positions that are available on campus.
- To develop new students as leaders so that their marketability upon graduation is improved.
What topics are covered in the program?
- Leadership Styles
- Consensus Seeking
- Servant Leadership
- Coalition Building
- Customer Service and Leadership
- Leadership and Reward
- Ethics in Leadership
- Communication Skills and the Leader
- Table Manners and Courtesy
- How to be a Good Leader
- How to be a Good Follower