Student Affairs Main Menu
Student Housing End of Year Closing Information
If your student lives in campus housing, following are details that will help him/her with the moving out process.
All students are expected to move out within 24 hours of their last exam, or 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 9th, whichever comes first. This includes students who plan on residing in University Housing Facilities during the Summer 2012 Semester. Room inspections of all housing facilities will commence at 5:00 p.m. on May 9th. Any individuals found in the residential facilities will be escorted out of the residential buildings immediately. Any items left in the housing facilities at this time will be viewed as abandoned property and disposed of by housing staff.
What to Do Before LeavingBefore you leave for the summer, you will need to do the following:
- Remove all personal belongings from your apartment/suite
- Properly clean your apartment/suite
- Schedule and complete a Standard Move-Out with your RA or perform an Express Move-Out
- Turn in your keys to housing staff
Recycling/Donation InformationThere will be Goodwill donation bins for clothing, bedding, kitchen appliances/utensils, and small electronics strategically located throughout the residential communities for any items you would like to donate. Additionally, there are multiple recycling bins and recycling dumpsters located throughout the residential communities. Please consider donating or recycling, as opposed to throwing items away.
Summer Housing 2012University housing will be taking a number of buildings offline for renovations and/or deep cleaning this summer. University Crossings is currently slated to be taken offline, as are several buildings in Compass Point. Be advised that if you request summer housing, you will have to be willing to reside in locations being used for summer housing. Currently summer housing will be offered in University Terrace I, University Terrace II and select buildings in Compass Point, if necessary. Be mindful that you must be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours at Armstrong Atlantic State University to be able to reside in university housing facilities for the summer semester. You can only reside in university housing facilities while you are enrolled in classes.
As stated above, all students are expected to move out at the end of the Spring 2012 Semester. This includes students who want to reside in university housing facilities during the summer. Summer move-in is scheduled for Friday, May 18th, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Checking out of your Room
- Express Move-Out Waiver Forms and key envelopes will be available in each Area Office.
- Remove all items from your apartment/suite, clean it, complete the Move-Out Waiver and place your keys in the envelope
- Move out within 24 hours of your last exam
- You do not need to be present for the final inspection of your apartment/suite
- By completing this move-out option, you acknowledge that you are liable for any damages to your room.
- Sign up for a time to move out with your RA. This time must be within 24 hours of your last final exam.
- You must give your RA a minimum of 48 hours advance notice of this appointment.
- Your RA will inspect the room with you present at the time of your appointment. You must be present for the initial inspection of the room when you choose this move-out process. (A final inspection will be conducted by a professional at a later date.)