Housing & Residence Life
Housing & Residence Life Main Menu
Meet the Resident Assistants
While Resident Assistant job responsibilities vary somewhat according to the characteristics and needs of the different assigned areas, the Resident Assistant is generally responsible for creating and maintaining a living environment conducive to the academic success and physical, social and emotional well-being of the residents.
Fall 2014 Resident Assistants
Charnice McDonald & Catherine Cofield
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role Modeling and Leadership
- Resource Assistance and Referral
- Student and Community Development
- Safety and Security Awareness
- Community Standards Regulation
- Facilities and Occupancy Management
- Housing and Residence Life Administration
Minimum Requirements for Resident Assistants are:
- Residency in On-Campus Housing for at Least One Full Semester
- Enrolled as a Full-time, On-Campus Armstrong Student
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Ability to Balance Academic, Work, Personal and Co-Curricular Commitments
- Successful Completion of an Extensive Selection Process
Take a look at our recruitment brochure [ 718 KB] for more information.
Check out our most recent RA job description and contract for more specific details on what you can expect to do as an RA. *Be advised that the specific details will change slightly from year to year and that students will be notified of any and all changes prior to accepting a position.