Housing & Residence Life
Housing & Residence Life Main Menu
Are you interested in becoming a resident assistant?
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role modeling and leadership
- Resource assistance and referral
- Student and community development
- Safety and security awareness
- Community standards regulation
- Facilities and occupancy management
- Housing and Residence Life administration
Minimum Requirements for Resident Assistants include:
- Residency in on-campus housing for at least one full semester (exceptions provided on a case by case basis)
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus Armstrong student (12+ credit hours) during period of employment
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.5 and the maintenance of that GPA during term of employment
- Ability to balance academic, employment, personal and co-curricular commitments
- Successful completion of an extensive selection process that includes completion of an RA passport, individual interview, group interview and online application process.
Resident Assistant Recruitment 2015
Resident assistant recruitment for 2015-2016 academic year employment positions will take place from January 12 to February 28, 2015. The required components of the application process are as follows:
- Completed online application including an uploaded cover letter, resume and reference list (due no later than February 18, 2015 at 5 p.m.)
The RA passport (due by Saturday, February 28 at Group Process.) Passport events include:
- Shadow Duty Round - Follow a current RA as they proceed through an evening duty round. Learn what we look for when we conduct rounds of the building and experience what you might encounter when you are an RA.
- Residential Program - You must attend a residential program sponsored by housing staff during the month of February. Programs are advertised on banners in Windward Commons, the Compass Point Clubhouse Laundry Room, and on What's Going on Armstrong Email.
- Informational Meeting - You must attend one of three offered informational meetings that will take place 1/26-1/28 at 7:30 p.m. in the Windward Commons West Classroom. If you cannot attend an informational meeting, you can set up a 1-1 meeting with Angela Storck or Jessica Strong to satisfy this requirement.
- RA Individual Interview (sign up in main housing for interviews taking place during the week of February 23 - 27)
- RA Group Process Interview (sign up in main housing for a group process taking place on Saturday, February 28 in the morning)
RA brochure for the 2015-2016 recruitment season.
RA job description and appointment terms for academic year 2014-2015 (subject to change for the upcoming year).