Graduate Assistantship Information
The Graduate Assistantship Program at Armstrong Atlantic State University provides professional growth and development for graduate students through supervised work experiences. The student earns a degree and contributes to the academic mission and applied research endeavors of the institution, while gaining valuable professional experience.
- Be accepted to a graduate degree program at AASU with either regular or provisional status.
- Maintain at least an overall 3.0 grade point average on all graduate work attempted.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours of graduate coursework leading toward your degree. Graduate assistants may not take more than 12 credit hours per semester.
- Make satisfactory progress toward a degree as defined by your academic department. After all degree requirements for the planned program of study are met, a student is no longer eligible to receive a graduate assistantship.
- Graduate Students enrolled in online graduate degree programs are not eligible for assistantships.
- Non-degree seeking or transient students are not eligible for assistantships.
Additional InformationApplying for a Graduate Assistantship
Employment Information for Graduate Assistants