First Year Experience Main Menu
Welcome to the Class of 2018!—Weekend of Welcome (WOW)!
Join us for the next phase of your welcome and orientation to Armstrong State University! Stay and have some fun with us all weekend!
August 14, 2014 - August 17, 2014
Thursday, August 14, 2014 Events
- First-Year Housing Move in—9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Alumni Picnic—4 - 6 p.m. (Compass Point Gazebo nearest Windward Commons)
- Windward Commons Opening Floor Meetings—7 - 8 p.m. (Windward Commons Multipurpose rooms)
- Evening Target Shuttle—8 - 10 p.m. (Boards at Windward Commons)
- Movie Night—10 p.m. - midnight (Windward Commons Cove)
Friday, August 15, 2014 Events
- Breakfast, Check in and Assembly—8:30 a.m.(Sports Arena)
- First Year Student Convocation—9:30 a.m.
- First Class Orientation and Information Sessions—11 a.m. - 5 p.m. (includes lunch, BRING YOUR PIRATE CARD for Lunch)
- Recreation Center and Learning Commons open for sports, games or movies—5 p.m.
- Black Greek 101, Student Union Ogechee Theater, 7pm
Movies in the Learning Commons:
Night of the Living Dead
Bucket of Blood
Attack of the Giant Leeches
The Little Shop of Horrors
Phantom of the Opera
Revolt of the Zombies
- Foam Dance Party—8:30 p.m. (Compass Point)
Saturday August 16, 2014 Events
- Cooking with Cops—time TBA (Windward Commons)
- Interfaith Ice Cream Social—1 p.m. (Brick Path between Windward Commons and Compass Point)
- Zumba glow party—10 p.m. - midnight (Recreation Center)
Open Rec Night and Black Light Neon Dance Party, Student Recreation Center, 9pm -11pm
Introduction to the Student Recreation Center featuring a glow in and dark dance party, fun games such as dodgeball, cornhole, and spikeball, pizza and information about intramurals, group exercise, sport clubs and Armstrong Adventures.
Sunday August 17, 2014 Events
- Welcome Back Carnival—1 - 3 p.m. (Compass Point Quad)
- Apartments Opening Building Meetings—4 - 7 p.m. (University Hall)
- Hypnotic Intoxication—7 p.m. (Student Union Ballroom)