Accepting & Changing Your Award
In order to receive a Stafford loan offered on your Award Letter, you are required to accept it via your SHIP account. You may also decline, decrease or increase your loan amount. Please be aware that all Stafford loans adhere to annual and aggregate limits. To determine your limits in borrowing, please review How much am I eligible for?
- Log into Port of Armstrong
- Click on SHIP
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click on Financial Aid Menu
- Click on My Award Information
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Choose an option below:
- To increase your loan amount: Click on Resources/Additional Information. Enter the amount in the field and click Submit Information at the bottom of the page. If you have already accepted your award and would like to request additional loan funds, visit How to Add a Loan.
- To decline or reduce your loan amount: Click on Accept Award Offer. Under the Accept Award column, select accept or decline. If you are reducing your loan amount, enter the desired loan amount in the field provided in the Accept Partial Amount column. Click on submit Decision at the bottom of the page. If you have accepted your loan and no longer wish to receive it, you may also cancel your loan by completing a Loan Cancellation Request Form from our Forms page and returning it to the Office of Financial Aid.
- To accept all loans as they appear on your award: Click on Accept Full Amount All Awards. Click on submit Decision at the bottom of the page.