Information Technology Services
Web Conferencing with Wimba ClassroomWimba Classroom 6.1 is now available for Armstrong to utilize to teach and meet live online. With features such as video, audio, application sharing, and content presentation, Wimba Classroom adds the benefit of a fully interactive online experience to your courses. Advanced features such as polling, whiteboarding, presenter on-the-fly, resizable chat areas and participant lists, usage analytics tools, and MP3 downloads enable further dynamic interaction between students and educators. Wimba Classroom is available for use through Pirates' View VISTA and as a stand-alone communication tool. To setup a stand-alone room in Wimba Classroom, please fill out the Wimba Classroom Request form. Please visit our Training Calendar for the Wimba training sessions schedule.
- Internet connection speed must be at least 56k or above.
- Operating systems must have at least 1GB of RAM.
- XP: Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3.6.18; Java 1.6.26.
- Vista: Internet Explorer 7+ or Firefox 3.0, 3.6, or 4.0; and Java v.6+ (1.6).
- Windows 7: Firefox 3.6.18 and Java 1.6.26.
- Operating systems must be 10.5 or 10.6.
- Safari: 3.0, 4.0, or 5.0 (To disable pop-up blocker: "Safari", uncheck "Block Pop-Up ").
- Firefox: 3.0, 3.6, or 4.0; and Java 5+ (1.5) or 6+ (1.6).
Presenter Requirements: To present in a Wimba Classroom, one must have a microphone and speakers. To prevent echoing, it is best to use ear buds and a separate microphone or a headset with a built in microphone. The best microphones and headsets for presenting and recording audio read ‘noise canceling’. Mac users also need to make sure to have microphones or headsets with a USB connection. A webcam is optional for presenting in Wimba Classroom. Webcams with built-in microphones do not pick up as clearly as desktop or headset microphones.
RecommendationsMicrophone: Logitech USB Desktop Microphone
Headset: Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Headset
Webcam: Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 Webcam
Wimba Technical SupportFor assistance, please contact the IT Services HelpDesk at 912.344.2518 or email@example.com
For 24x7 technical support: Call 866-350-4978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Wimba Support Center for valuable resources.