Information Technology Services
A virtual private network (VPN) is a computer network that provides users secure access to network resources from off campus. Before an Armstrong employee can be granted access to this network resource the following must be completed:
- Request for Off-Campus VPN Access form must be completed
Instructions for connecting to the Armstrong VPN:
- VPN access is required to be used with an Armstrong decaled laptop\desktop.
- From off-campus type the URL: https://vpn.armstrong.edu
- In the username and password section type your Active Directory username and password. (Active Directory credentials is the same information you use on your office computers.)
- To install the Junos Pulse client select the Start button on the bottom right.
- Java Popup “Select run this time”
- Certificate select “Continue”
- You will see a Junos Pulse popup once completed
- With the VPN connection established, Junos Pulse icon will appear on the task bar near the Wireless signal icon or the battery charge indicator.
- You can now can now access resources that require an Armstrong connection. To disconnect from the VPN service, open Junos Pulse from the task bar, and then tap Disconnect.
- Next time you want to access the VPN look for the greyed out icon and open Junos Pulse from the task bar or use the Start menu, select All Programs, Select Juniper Networks, Select Junos Pulse, and Junos Pulse a second time. Tap the Connect button and when prompted, enter your Active Directory username and password, and then tap Connect.
For assistance, please contact the IT Services HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 912.344.2518.