Information Technology Services
Five Most Asked Questions
1. How do I get an email account?
- Students: Create your student email account through Pirates' Cove using these instructions.
- Faculty/Staff: Complete the System Access Technology Request (PDF) form and submit it to the IT Services HelpDesk for processing.
- Departmental: Complete the Departmental Email Request (PDF) form and submit it to the IT Services HelpDesk for processing. Note: The approval and signature of the Department Head must be acquired in order to complete the request form.
2. What is my Desire2Learn username and password?
- Username and password to access Desire2Learn will be the same as your Pirates’ Cove/email username and password.
- Example username: ab1234
- Username and password to access Desire2Learn will be the same as your Pirates’ Cove/novell username and password.
- Example username: backerda
For additional information, please visit the Armsrong Electronic Classroom.
3. My laptop is not working, can you fix it?
IT Services Helpdesk maintains AASU computer equipment with AASU decals only. Your laptop with power cord should be dropped off at the Helpdesk counter at Armstrong Center, Suite 16 for service. Laptops cannot be serviced without the power cord.
4. How do I access Port of Armstrong?
The Port of Armstrong is located at http://port.armstrong.edu
Students, use your current Email/Cove/Wifi username and password for Port of Armstrong. Example: ga1935
Faculty/Staff, use your current Novell/Cove/Wifi username and password for Port of Armstrong. Example: armstrge (6 letters of last name plus 2 letters of your first name)