Move On When Ready (MOWR)
Recognizing the need to provide talented high school juniors and seniors with options for advanced study, the University System of Georgia (USG) formed a Dual Enrollment program that allows qualifying high school students to enroll in USG colleges and universities and to receive college credits while completing their high school graduation requirements.
We in Armstrong's Office of Academic Orientation and Advisement lead the campus in enthusiastic support of this program, welcoming these students onto our campus. We provide information sessions, coordinate the admission process, and conduct advisement for all Dual Enrollment students during their time here. Check out the links below for specific information on the dual enrollment programs offered at Armstrong.
To qualify for admission
- Be on track to complete the University System of Georgia's Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) requirements
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (or a minimum numeric average of 80) in all academic courses
- Meet the following score requirements on the SAT I or ACT
|Critical Reading minimum 500||English minimum 21|
|Math minimum 500||Math minimum 21|
|Combined (Critical Reading and Math) minimum 1000||Composite minimum 21|
How to Apply for the MOWR Program at Armstrong
To apply for admission, a student must submit the following in a complete packet to the Office of Academic Orientation and Advisement, 212 Solms Hall. This office coordinates all Dual Enrollment applications.
- Completed paper copy of the Armstrong Application for Undergraduate Admission
- $25.00 application fee (check made payable to Armstrong)
- Completed Immunization Form
- Official High School Transcripts (in a sealed envelope)
- Official SAT I or ACT Scores (sent directly to admissions from college board, or included on high school transcript)
- MOWR Checklist
- MOWR Permission Form