Academic Advisement Main Menu
AASU 1101: Strategies for Success
This course aims to provide the student with the skills, information, and guidance useful for success in college. It focuses on time management techniques, the purposes of higher education, the roles of the student, and the resources available within the university for academic success and career choices. A two-credit-hour course, this class meets two hours per week for the entire semester. Day classes usually meet for one-hour sessions on two days-Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Evening and weekend classes meet once each week for a two-hour session.
- Goal setting & time management
- Campus resources & support services
- Campus policies & procedures
- Academic skills: reading textbooks, taking notes, studying, taking tests, using campus technologies
- Career exploration & choosing a major