Adult Learners Main Menu
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
At Armstrong we realize the value of real-world experience and that learning takes place in various formats. The university works with students from diverse backgrounds to evaluate their prior learning and determine if it is commensurate with the standards and requirements of college-level learning.
- students identify areas of relevant learning from their past experiences
- students submit appropriate documentation demonstrating that learning
- Armstrong evaluates these materials to assess whether academic credit will be awarded.
A total of 45 semester hours can be earned through any combination of CLEP, credit by departmental examination, portfolio assessment, International Baccalaureate credit, and advanced placement credit.
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- Independent and Distance Learning Exams
For Advising, Prior Learning Assessment, Challenge Exams and CLEP Information
Office of Academic Orientation and Advisement
212 Solms Hall
To Schedule an Exam
Memorial College Center, Room 204