Bursar Main Menu
How Tuition and Fees Are Set
Tuition and fees are set by the Board of Regents, University System of Georgia (USG). The tuition and fees you pay depends on several things:
The number of semester hours in your class schedule
Undergraduate students pay full price for a maximum of 15 on-campus credit hours. Graduate students pay full price for a maximum of 12 on-campus credit hours. Any on-campus hours above that cap are not charged. All students registered in 4 credit hours or less only pay half of the special institutional fee.
How you are classified as an in-state or out-of-state student
- Information on residency classification
- Submit a petition for Georgia resident classification .
- Request an out-of-state tuition waiver .
Where you take your classes
Each semester, students who take any classes on the main Armstrong campus (Savannah) or in Chatham County will be charged all mandatory fees. If you take ALL your classes outside of Chatham County or online, you will only be required to pay tuition, technology fee and the mandatory institutional fee.
Whether you are enrolled in fully online classes
As of Fall 2012, students enrolled in fully online courses will pay a separate online tuition rate for those credit hours. Fully online classes are not subject to the same tuition cap as on-campus classes. Students taking a combination of classes on-campus and fully online who register for more than 15 hours will see the hours above the cap charged at a discounted rate. See Tuition and Fees for Online Classes for more details.
Whether you are Active Duty Military
Active duty military personnel are not required to pay the special institutional fee. This discount does not apply to family members of active duty personnel.
When you started college (undergraduates only)
- Students who entered any USG Institution between Spring 2007 and Summer 2009 may qualify for a guaranteed tuition plan and pay a guaranteed tuition rate for either first-time freshman - four years (12 consecutive semesters) or transfer — two years (6 consecutive semesters). For more information, download the Tuition FAQ from USG.
- Students who entered the USG before Spring 2007 or after Summer 2009 will be on a non-guaranteed rate plan. For more information, see website above.
What program you are enrolled in
|Main Campus||Liberty Center|
|Doctor of Physical Therapy||2014 Rates||N/A|
Master of Health Science Administration/
Master of Public Health
|2014 Rates||2014 Rates|
|Online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (WebBSIT)||2014 Rates (online only)|
Additional fees may be associated with specific classes
Certain classes have additional fees that you will need to pay. Examples would be a lab fee for a science class or fees for supplies for an art class. Please consult the Mandatory Fee Breakdown for more details.