Office of Admissions
Non-Degree-Seeking and Auditor Student
Applicants who wish to pursue courses for personal enrichment or advancement may be admitted as non-degree students. Non-degree-seeking students are allowed to enroll in a maximum of 12 credit hours. After earning 12 credit hours, or upon changing to degree-seeking status, students will be screened for admission to the university.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have been out of high school for a period of five or more years.
- Non-degree-seeking applicants are required to fulfill all nontraditional admission requirements.
- Non-Degree Seeking Application
- $25 Application Fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Submit your immunization records prior to registration
- If you are a Georgia resident, submit Proof of Lawful Presence
- Applicants who have not earned a baccalaureate degree must take the Compass Placement Exam.
Non-Degree-Seeking/Auditor: After You're Accepted
Step 1: Log in to Port of Armstrong
- Go to port.armstrong.edu
- Find your Port ID and your Student ID (907#) using the Lookup ID link on the login page
- Sign in with your Port ID. The first time you sign in, the password is your birthday—MMDDYY
- Please note it may take 24-48 hours after you're accepted before your Port ID is activated.
- Contact: IT Services at 912.344.2518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Meet with your Academic Advisor
- Contact your academic advisor to get advised prior to registering for your clases. Visit www.armstrong.edu/advisors to find your advisor.
- Contact: Office of Academic Orientation and Advisement at 912.344.2570 or email@example.com
Step 3: Send required documents
- Send in your completed immunization form and if you are a Georgia resident, please provide proof of lawful presence
Step 5: Check your Financial Aid Status
- Check your financial aid status and account balance on the Student Accounts & Financial Aid tab in SHIP via Port of Armstrong
- You will be able to review your awards, accept or decline any awards, and check your balance when available.