Office of Admissions
Nontraditional Freshman Transfer: Admission Checklist
Note: If you are applying as an international student, please complete the application on the Admissions Checklist for International Students instead.
$25 application fee
Official high school transcripts or GED
Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
NOTE: Transcripts must be received within one year of the print/issue date on the transcript.
- Transcripts from ALL previous colleges or universities must be received before students will be considered for admission.
- All transcripts must be submitted for review, even if you are not seeking credit from previous institution(s).
- Official transcripts (paper): Must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Transcripts received from the student that are not in a sealed envelope will not be accepted.
Official transcripts (electronic): Must be received through secure transmission. A document or pdf that is emailed is not considered a secure method of transmission.
COMPASS Placement Exam
- The COMPASS Placement Exam is required for students that are not awarded transfer credit equivalent to that of English 1101 or Math 1111/1001.
- COMPASS is a computerized placement exam that measures skills in Math, Reading, and English. The information derived from the assessment will indicate areas where you are strong, academic areas where you may need help, and which courses will be a starting point for your academic success.
- Nontraditional students may submit SAT/ACT test scores for received within the last 7 years for review to exempt the Compass Exam. Scores must meet the current entrance requirements for Armstrong First-Year Students.
All nontraditional applicants must meet the following minimum scores on the COMPASS test in order to be admitted:
- Reading 62
- Writing 32
- Math (Algebra) 20 Please note that students will be denied if they place into more than two Learning Support Classes.