Construction & Growth Menu
This two-phase project first renovated The Armstrong Center Suites 12-19 (11,394 gsf) for use as the new consolidated campus data center. Once this phase was complete, the current Information Technology (IT) facility was vacated and phase two of this project began. The IT facility was renovated as a 13,083 gsf satellite addition to the Lane Library.
The proximity of the IT building to the Student Union and Lane Library made it a perfect location for a library satellite facility which houses functions that both undergraduate and graduate students utilize during regular hours and extended hours that complement the operational hours of the Student Union.
- Project Construction Budget: $5,000,000 approx.
- Completion Date: Ph I Spring 2012
- Completion Date: Ph II March 2013
- Construction Manager: Garbutt/Christman
- Project Architect: Cogdell & Mendrala Architects
- Project Funding Sources: GSFIC Bonds